Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ideas - Where They Come From

Hey Stampers,

Several people have ask me where I get my ideas, and it may be from something I see in a store or in nature, or another's person's creation.  I never copy anyone's work exactly but when I see something I like, certain elements of their design sparks a new idea in me.  I watch tons of YouTube videos, surf blogs and Stampin Connection (forum for Stampin Up Demonstrators) for ideas. 

I may have some element that I want to make work in a creation, like a sweet treat cup from Stampin Up.  I had these for a couple months, and I thought long and hard about a different way to make this work.  I saw a video on YouTube with a flower using a sweet treat cup on a lollipop stick by Andrea Walford, and I wanted to do something using those two elements.  A few weeks ago I thought since Easter was coming up, maybe a bunny in punch art would be a good idea.  I wrestled with that bunny for three weeks before coming up with the the finished product.  I will show you a few of my attempts...



This bunny was ok, but I still hadn't figured out how to open the back in a way that looked right.  If something doesn't look right it drives me CRAZY!!!  That drove me crazy! 

The next bunny lollipop I did, I tore up so I can't show you.  LOL

Getting desperate and needing some element of success, I made this card...  while it is ok, it still wasn't on a STICK!!! 





I tore up the next one too... so you can't see it either.

Finally, I had success with this Bunny Lollipop, it took me three weeks of trying to work out the design, but finally it worked and I could finally be content.





I kind of feel like this is a version of the Goldilocks story LOL! But just know that if at first you don't succeed, try try again!  I rarely am totally happy with the first card or project.  But I keep on working on it until it feels right.  Some projects or cards never make it past the first attempt.  I have a box full of them!  So don't give up!


Until Next Time!
Happy Stampin



No comments:

Post a Comment