Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Thoughts....To Be Or Not To Be a Stampin Up Demonstrator

Hello Scrappers!

I have been incredibly busy lately!  I have truly enjoyed teaching scrapbooking classes at Birthright of Memphis!  It has its challenges for sure, with so few supplies, but I am still working on that.  Since Birthright has no tools to work with and class time is so short, a mere 50 minutes, I am putting together layout kits for them to assemble.   Birthright is such a worthy organization and it has shown me that I love to teach scrapbooking and stamping.  This week will be the ladies' first attempts at stamping, as we are using the white sheets of paper that came  in their scrapbook albums, and will stamp backgrounds for their layouts. I am having to be very resourceful!  LOL!   This 4-page layout is called "Baby's Firsts" and it will been done over the next two classes.  I am very excited to get them stamping!  When I get all the layouts planned and put together I will post them for all you to see.

Since I love teaching and Stampin Up so much I am seriously considering becoming a Stampin Up Demonstator.  There are very few demonstrators in my local area, with most of them in Memphis, TN.  I am in Horn Lake/Southaven, MS area, which is just south of Memphis across the state line.  Of course, I would still offer my bargain finds, but also include new items from the Stampin Up catalog.  With this in mind, I would also  branch out and start doing some instructional videos of techniques using Stampin Up supplies, and also sharing some organizational tips.  Since I have a second room in my home dedicated to scrapbooking, (my upstairs salesroom), I could have workshops and classes in my home.  Many of you who attended my sale have requested beginner classes to learn how to scrapbook and to learn different basic techniques, so I would also plan on doing those types of classes. Since I love mixing scrapbooking and stampin to make home decor items and cards, I would also have those types of techniques on video as well.  I think it would be great fun and I believe a wonderful opportunity to get to know you all better, whether by internet or locally.   It has been great to get to know you all better and share the same passion for stamping and scrapbooking as I do, and for me that is the best part of having this blog, since it connects me to all of you.

Let me know what you think of this idea that is bouncing around in my head.   Would you be interested in attending a local workshop or class, or seeing technique videos on my blog?   Would any of you be interested in buying Stampin Up products from me as a Stampin Up Demonstrator?   I would like to make an informed decision, and would love to hear what you think about this.  Send me an email at shargod@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you all.

Until Next Time.
Happy Scrapping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment